RE: [AD] Fortify and Allegro

Title: RE: [AD] Fortify and Allegro

> If I understand correctly the patch, issuing
>
>       ./configure --enable-fortify
>
> won't build the Fortified version of the library, right? You need to
> additionally pass --enable-dbglib. And it's the same for the bundled
> programs, they won't be fortified unless you pass --enable-dbgprog.

Correct.

> So I propose instead --enable-dbg-with-fortify (or
> --enable-fortify-with-dbg,
> which one is the best?).

Seems dodgy, as you'd then need to add a lot of enable-* to cater
for everything you might want only in the debug build, but not in
release. eg, you may want the debug lib to be in C, but the release
lib to be in asm. Or the debug lib to not use pentium opts, but to
include them in the release build. But I agree it's counterintuitive
to only enable Fortify for the debug lib. An ideal solution would
allow the user to configure differently for each target (release,
debug, profile). But that would probably mean lots of changes in
the build process.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h