Re: [AD] OSX Port Notes

> Ahh... okay.  See, I've never used the windows port at all, so I didn't
> understand that that's what those tools do.  I'll look into it.  I'd
> bet anything the icon format is open.  (And from the looks of it, it
> might just be four uncompressed runs of images for the icons, and three
> one-bit runs for the bitmask, with a header, though I could be wrong).
> I can't promise anything this week, though, due to a number of
> unforseen personal circumstances.

Yep, IIRC the icons can be almost any normal file format, but this needs to
be investigated.
Take your time man, we've been without an OSX port for years, we can wait
some more weeks ;)

> Drop into a console and open the file in emacs -- there are four
> strange characters on line 41.  Deleting them might make a difference.

Thanks, it fixed the issue! I use Project Builder to code, and it didn't
show any weird character there...

Let me say also a think about the OSX keyboard driver.
Currently it is independent of pckeys (which is used almost in every other
Allegro port), and it always uses the system keyboard layout, i.e. the ascii
values returned by the lib depend on the layout mapping set on the system
preferences. This is because the key events the system sends to the app
already hold the ascii characters associated with each key (system mapped),
so it was easy to report these directly.
This means Allegro under OSX will not use the keyboard.dat settings, but the
system settings (which makes more sense IMHO).
Is this ok?

BTW, the keyconf app crashed on startup as the port doesn't use pckeys, and
therefore it is supposed to define some symbols by itself (the keyboard
layout tables). I've added these symbols to the OSX keyboard driver source
and now keyconf works, but I wonder if it'd be better to make keyconf just
not work under OSX due to the facts I explained above... Keyconf just
doesn't make sense if the keyboard layout is system dependent.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx