Re: [AD] Relative paths in the grabber

> > This will break non-GNU ports on DOS/Windows.
>
> Are you sure? I thought DOS and Windows recognized / regardless (I
> sometimes type / accidentally instead of \ and it usually works anyway).
> Anyway, it's ugly and we can't, of course, break non-GNU ports if that is
> rge consequence.

The grabber may indeed be able to handle the forward slash transparently on
non-GNU platforms, but one can imagine another program accessing the ORIG
field direclty and not fixing it. Anyway, paths have always been stored in
native format in datafiles and I don't think we should change that.

> > We don't need it at all.
>
> I vaguely recall having some sort of trouble without it, but I don't
> remember what it was. I'll see about reworking the code.

What was the benefit of converting everything to the forward slash? Testing
only against '/' instead of against both '/' and OTHER_PATH_SEPARATOR?
Note that we are not commited to preserving the format: we output only paths
using OTHER_PATH_SEPARATOR.

--
Eric Botcazou