RE: [AD] Allegro version helpers

Title: RE: [AD] Allegro version helpers

> > That's to help people make cpp tests against the Allegro version.
> > Not exceedingly useful since previous versions did not include it,
> > but still you might want to add this.
>
> Could it not be a bit dangerous too? Version parameters are
> meant to be used
> in conjunction with cpp to avoid using unavailable stuff, so
> would it not be
> a mess if the version parameters are unavailable themselves in older
> versions?

Yes, that's just what I said above.
However, you can transform:

#if ALLEGRO_VERSION*0x10000+ALLEGRO_SUB_VERSION*0x100+ALLEGRO_WIP_VERSION>=0x040104

with

#if defined ALLEGRO_MAKE_VERSION && ALLEGRO_FULL_VERSION<ALLEGRO_MAKE_VERSION(4,1,4)

which is more readable, though I grant you the program could define
ALLEGRO_MAKE_VERSION itself. I just posted this to see if people saw
it as useful, even with its shortcomings.

BTW, ALLEGRO_WIP_VERSION is kinda ill named now that we have something
like 4.0.3 lying around, though this is hardly changeable.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h