RE: [AD] Relative paths in the grabber

>> >  - because the point (for me) of adding relative paths is easy
>> > compatibility between DOS/Windows and Linux, absolute paths
>use the / path
>> > seperator consistently. This is conterary to the standard Allegro
>> > practice, where \ is used by default on DOS/Windows.
>>
>> This will break non-GNU ports on DOS/Windows.
>
>Are you sure? I thought DOS and Windows recognized / regardless (I
>sometimes
>type / accidentally instead of \ and it usually works anyway). Anyway, it's
>ugly and we can't, of course, break non-GNU ports if that is rge
>consequence.

I just tried changing to a directory two levels deeper with 'cd' using the
Windows 2000 command prompt. It only works properly if you use back-slashes
and not if you use forward-slashes. I suspect that your DOS-prompt is
calling some alternative implementation of 'cd' (eg. DJGPP's 'cd' utility).

AE.