Re: [AD] MacOS X Allegro

Thanks a lot Eric, with your fixes I don't have the warnings anymore :)

Here's an updated diff of the core changes. Please do not apply it; instead
tell me if it is ok for me to commit the whole OSX port, including these
changes...

> Angelo, you've now joined my pantheon of personal gods. ^_^;;  Thanks
> for all your work!

Heh, before letting me ascend however, check the code once it's in CVS, and
tell me if it works on your mac (what machine btw?). I need testing!

> Incidentally, is there a way to tell when a USB pointing device has
> been added / removed?  I don't know if you want to handle the messages
> of USB mice being plugged in during program execution (using such
> messages to turn off the trackpad on iBooks, for example, or updating
> the number of available buttons).

I don't know if the HID Manager (Human Interface Device, handles from
keyboards to mice, primarly USB) allows it, but I have to dig it anyway if I
want to autodetect the number of mouse buttons, at least at program
startup...

> Either way, awesome work man.  I can't wait for 4.2. :)  Finally this
> old DOS programmer will be able to get something going on his Mac.

Thanks. I expect feedback once the code is in CVS! I have an iBook G3 800
btw, and a friend of mine has ordered a PowerBook G4 1GHz that should arrive
soon, and needless to say, it'll be another testbed machine for Allegro ;)

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx