Re: [AD] MacOS X Allegro

Angelo, you've now joined my pantheon of personal gods. ^_^;;  Thanks
for all your work!

> - Mouse driver (it always report 3 buttons though for testing
> how should I deal with 1-button mice so common under Macs?)

I think you should take two seperate approaches.  In one, like the
emulation of a three button mouse, a flag would let the mouse driver
accept default key/mouse button combinations as button presses.  (IE,
in most OSX apps, control-clicking acts as the right mouse button, and
in many option-clicking is the middle, though the middle button is more
varied between apps.)  This would allow the current examples to be
compiled without issue (automatically assuming that one-button support
is enabled using #ifdef __APPLE__ and checking the number of mouse
buttons, then setting the flag).  The other way is to put something in
the docs that notes that says the onus is on the programmer to account
for one-button mice, and let the coder decide what key combos would be
useful.  Sometimes this works out better; Warcraft III has excellent
one-button mouse support.

Incidentally, is there a way to tell when a USB pointing device has
been added / removed?  I don't know if you want to handle the messages
of USB mice being plugged in during program execution (using such
messages to turn off the trackpad on iBooks, for example, or updating
the number of available buttons).

Either way, awesome work man.  I can't wait for 4.2. :)  Finally this
old DOS programmer will be able to get something going on his Mac.

- Charles