Re: [AD] ALSA 9 pcm/midi drivers.

On April 23, 2003 01:32 am, Grzegorz Godlewski wrote:
> > Ok, that link that was posted has your the most recent code?
>
> The last working version. I used to have midi driver, but it didn't work.

Didn't work at all? IIRC the alsa rawmidi api is fairly simple. (too bad the
emu10k1 alsa 9 midi driver is broken... I'll have to try my builtin sound
card's midi...)

> > I'll probably
> > steal your PCM driver. (I haven't got muh at all.. mainly the auto detect
> > stuff, and the midi driver are done.)
>
> I think configuration routines should be modified to cover all alsa9
> devices (new names).

Ah. So new allegro.cfg names then? I think so too, the old ones don't allow
the new "plughw:blah:foo" names, as aposed to the old integer identifiers...

> > I'll see what I can do to get my changes into CVS. It was based of a
> > fairly old CVS build... But it shouldn't be too hard to port to a new
> > version (I hope, I really hope the configure.in didnt't change too much
> > ;)), I've already had to do it once, one more time shouldn't hurt.
>
> I've been using my patch since some old wip version almost unmodified,
> so there should be no problems.

Heh.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom