Re: [AD] Windows version of Allegro and Open Watcom 1.0

> It's taken quite a bit of work, but I've managed to get Allegro to build
> with Open Watcom 1.0!

Great! A Watcom Win32 port has been on my todo list for some time and I'd be
glad to have it merged in the official tree.

> Unfortunately, the generated DLL doesn't actually seem to work 100%
> correctly - there appear to be problems with graphics
> modes, but it might be something else. I can run the likes of, say,
> gfxinfo, which shows:
>
> "Allegro graphics info utility 4.0.3 (RC1), Watcom
> By Lorenzo Petrone, 2003
>
> No graphics driver specified.  These are available:
>
> DXAC : DirectDraw accel
> DXSO : DirectDraw soft
> DXSA : DirectDraw safe
> DXWN : DirectDraw window
> DXOV : DirectDraw overlay
> GDIB : GDI"
>
> as I would expect, but trying to switch into any graphics mode (even GDI)
> causes a crash.

Where did you get the DirectX SDK for Watcom from? Do they include it with
the compiler? If so, which version?

> Probably due to the way I built it, or something I didn't
> set right, or something to do with the assembly... I basically bunged
> everything into a project, and added/removed files as necessary. I had to
> modify some of the win/d*.c files a bit, as they didn't like the way some
> RECT structures were initialised.

Could this be related to the crashes?

> I'll have another play around with this tomorrow to see if I can get it to
> actually work. It only appears to be the graphics that aren't working - I
> can run a console-based MIDI playing app fine, for example.

Definitely nice.

--
Eric Botcazou