[AD] Windows version of Allegro and Open Watcom 1.0

It's taken quite a bit of work, but I've managed to get Allegro to build
with Open Watcom 1.0! Unfortunately, the generated DLL doesn't actually seem
to work 100% correctly - there appear to be problems with graphics modes,
but it might be something else. I can run the likes of, say, gfxinfo, which
shows:

"Allegro graphics info utility 4.0.3 (RC1), Watcom
By Lorenzo Petrone, 2003

No graphics driver specified.  These are available:

DXAC : DirectDraw accel
DXSO : DirectDraw soft
DXSA : DirectDraw safe
DXWN : DirectDraw window
DXOV : DirectDraw overlay
GDIB : GDI"

as I would expect, but trying to switch into any graphics mode (even GDI)
causes a crash. Probably due to the way I built it, or something I didn't
set right, or something to do with the assembly... I basically bunged
everything into a project, and added/removed files as necessary. I had to
modify some of the win/d*.c files a bit, as they didn't like the way some
RECT structures were initialised. I also had to hack about with the Watcom
headers in include/allegro/platform a bit. I wrote an quick-and-ugly
QuickBasic program to convert the DEF file to an RSP file which I could use
to export all the symbols from the DLL.

I'll have another play around with this tomorrow to see if I can get it to
actually work. It only appears to be the graphics that aren't working - I
can run a console-based MIDI playing app fine, for example.

Just thought you'd like to know!

Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.co.uk/

MSN Messenger: owen@xxxxxxxxxx