Re: [AD] MS Sidewinder 3D Pro Family DOS Driver

> Pardon me if this is not the correct address to submit. I have sent an
> early source to Shawn and made some progress in the past few days.

This is the right address.

> It currently supports the gameport version of Sidewinder 3D Pro and
> Precision Pro flightsticks in digital mode. The Force Feedback Pro is
> said to be compatible but I was unable to find one. Testing was done
> with DOS MAME and Advanced MAME on three different PC's: an Athlon
> 1.8G+SB Live, a PIII 1.3G+AWE64, and a PIII 700+SB16 under both clean
> DOS and Windows98 DOS boxes.

Impressive. I wish all submitted patches (including mine) were as carefully
tested as yours.

Did you check that it doesn't conflict with the two Sidewinder classic
drivers ? But I'll do it anyway, since I own a SW gamepad.

> Only the core source file is included because it was written for 4.17
> and a lot of changes has been made to Allegro recently. I hope this can
> be of use and thanks for all the hard work on Allegro.

What do you mean exactly ? Does the code rely on an external helper ? Or
simply that you didn't post the various related changes (docs for example) ?
In the latter case, no problem, I'll make them when merging the driver.

Btw, I suppose you compiled it with DJGPP ?

- Eric