Re: [AD] QNX timing bug ???

> I have download me the older version of Allegro 4.0.0
> because i have trouble to compile the new 4.03b
> snd_rawmidi_t in line 42 of alsamidi.c or so can't be determine
> and I found no deklaration in any header file
> okay so far.
> now i have compiled Allgegro 4.0.0 without sound support
> -I have comment out the lines where midi_driver_list and digi_driver_list
> occurs I don't know why i get errors in compiling under QNX with the 4.0
> version.

Do you use QNX RtP 6.2? It seems that there have been some changes in the
sound API since the 6.1 release so, while Allegro compiled fine on the
later, it may not compile on the current release anymore.

[The QNX port has somewhat bitroten since the 4.0.2 release. I'll try to fix
that for the 4.0.3 release]

> Than I was happy that the lib was compiled, but I saw maybe a bug in the
> library. I have tested out the examples and exspecially the example wheres
> two cubes (yellow and blue) rotate and in the middle intersect togehter.
> after each 2-3 minutes the output stops and i can do nothing - seems the
> system does something, but what I don't know.

That appears to be a deadlock. IIRC some fixes were included between the
4.0.0 and the 4.0.2 so I think you should try the latter.

> And when I start a allegro program outside the photon gui - also on
> terminal prompt of QNX i getting memery fault exception by each program.

Allegro on QNX needs the Photon GUI in order to run. But we should probably
gracefully exit instead of crashing if the windowing system is not present

--
Eric Botcazou