[AD] Re: [AL] Problems: Grabber and windowing

On Monday 13 January 2003 03:10 am, you wrote:
> > Grabber problem: In the help, "Custom Objects" in the menu goes to
> > "Compiling Datafiles to C Source Code", and "File Format" goes to "Custom
> > Objects". Everything else is normal. I tried fixing it in the code, and
> > that almost worked: "File Format" gave a blank box, but all other
> > selections were normal.
>
> Confirmed. Patch attached. Thanks for spotting it!

Works.
> > Windowing problem: Programs using a dialog box to select the graphics
> > mode refuse to go to fullscreen if "Autodetect" is selected, and when
> > forced fullscreen, say they can't grab the mouse. Programs like the
> > grabber that don't use a dialog box use fullscreen OK.
>
> Yep, a weird problem that only came to our attention very recently but
> seems to have been present for a very long time. We're evaluating the
> attached patch, could you test it on your system ? Thanks in advance.
Works. However, there's an issue: I run X at 1024x768, and gfxtest says it's
supported for the XWFS driver. However, Allegro programs go into windowed at
that resolution.

Thanks for the patches, and glad I could be of help.
--
"I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as
	they go by."