Re: [AD] set_volume() is evil

> We agreed on the principle.

Did we? Last I remember, you wanted a new function (set_local_volume()), and
Bob and I wanted this function to change and a new function,
set_system_volume()?, to be implemented, but we never actually agreed on
which...

But it's two against one ;)

> > The main problem is that when you quit the game, the global volume
> > doesn't get restored to how it was before the game started. For example,
> > I set my MIDI slider in Windows Volume Control to about 1/3. I run my
> > allegro game, and it changes the volume to the game volume. Then, when I
> > exit the game, the global MIDI volume stays at the level the game set,
> > rather than going back to 1/3 as it was before the game was launched.
> > Would it be easy to make remove_sound() do this?
>
> Yes, probably very easy. We already do so for the DirectSound driver.

If you can make sure it gets called in all cases, crash or not, then go for
it - but isn't there a local-to-the-application MIDI volume you can use in
the Windows API? In the worst case you could modify all channel volumes or
something...

It would also be nice if DIGMID volume could be independent of digital
volume...

Ben