Re: [AD] Re: [AL] Problems: Grabber and windowing

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 22:56, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > At request from Hein Zelle, I installed wmaker and did a short test on
> > my system:
> > Under wmaker, demo shows the "...Can not grab mouse." error message (but
> > not the test program). Both plain X and Gnome2 don't exhibit any problem
> > (using CVS with the 2 xwin.diff applied).
>
> My bad... the first xwin.diff patch is bogus; could you try with the second
> one only (attached again to this message) ?

Still no change for me with wmaker.

> > So this definitely has to do with the window manager, and with the
> > difference between test and demo.
>
> The only significant difference is that test.c makes 3 attempts at setting the
> graphics mode, while demo.c makes only one. The patch instructs the driver to
> make 2 attempts, which seems to be enough on my system. If it's not the case
> on yours, could you try to instruct it to make 3 attempts too ?

Yes, obviously that's the difference. Just adding another set_gfx_mode()
makes the demo program start. I tried adding another
_xwin_private_create_screen in xwin.c where your patch adds one, but
that doesn't help. I can try tomorrow to find out which part of
set_gfx_mode has to be repeated to make it work.. but all xwin-related
code looks strange to me. Everyone should just use Gnome :)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>