Re: [AD] show_video_bitmap() documentation a bit misleading...

>This function will wait for a vertical retrace if the graphics card
requires it, so you don't need to call vsync() yourself

That doesn't sound like it's promising a call to vsync to me. It's just
saying that if the card requires a vsync, then Allegro will do it for you.
Otherwise, it won't be called, because it doesn't need to be. I could be
wrong myself, but that's how I've always interpreted it. Of course, if the
docs can be made more clear, then so be it.

But you aren't going to want to rely on vsync() for timing anyway. If you
want something simple, check out the retrace_count variable. It's
auto-incremented 70 times second (or along with with the vsync if possible).

--
Matthew Leverton