Re: [AD] voice_stop() and voice_start() on Linux

On Monday 20 January 2003 5:55 pm, you wrote:
> > In my game, I'm calling get_audio_stream_buffer() even when the stream is
> > paused.
>
> I'm not sure we are commited to supporting that...

It might be a good idea, since Allegro 4.0.0 seemed to support it and people
may have been relying on it (as I was). That said...

My game doesn't call get_audio_stream_buffer() directly; it calls it through
a layer of indirection in DUMB. So in order to save my skin when people start
using al_{pause,resume}_duh() and al_poll_duh() together, I shall modify DUMB
to cope with the situation. In view of this, I don't have much motivation to
'fix' Allegro, so I guess it won't get done - not yet anyway :)

Ben