Re: [AD] Allegro 4.0.3

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:54:51PM -0000, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:
> But the code to detect the OS is in the lib, and the program, as
> source code, will only have access to the define. So there can be
> no problem, can it ? So, in this case, I think a program compiled
> with 4.0.3 will work with a 4.0.2 shared lib (notwithstanding any
> other problems with other patches).

Yes... I think I had my logic skewed again. Anyway, say the 4.0.3 shared
library identifies the system as Irix - how is a 4.0.2 program that checks
the system it runs on going to deal with this information? It doesn't know
about Irix.

Think about this a bit more - say a program written for 4.0.3 uses some of the
new defines. It won't compile with 4.0.2. Should it?
Or is a program written for 4.0.3 only supposed to compile with 4.0.3 and later?
I think the docs mentioned it would also compile with earlier versions.

In case I'm nitpicking here, sorry ;-)

> (BTW, the canonical names are *Alice* and Bob ;))

I really *am* dense today. I only remembered `women's name starting with an A'
and Anna was the first I thought of. Oh well...

Evert