RE: [AD] Allegro 4.0.3

Title: RE: [AD] Allegro 4.0.3

> Hmm... imagine the following scenario: Anna makes a game
> using Allegro 4.0.3,
> in Windows, and uses the 4.0.3 DLL.
> She gives the game (but not the DLL) to Bob, who has the
> 4.0.2 DLL installed.
> Of course, Bob should upgrade his Allegro version, but since
> both DLLs are
> called alleg40.dll, shouldn't the program work correctly with either?

But the code to detect the OS is in the lib, and the program, as
source code, will only have access to the define. So there can be
no problem, can it ? So, in this case, I think a program compiled
with 4.0.3 will work with a 4.0.2 shared lib (notwithstanding any
other problems with other patches).
(BTW, the canonical names are *Alice* and Bob ;))

--
Vincent Penquerc'h