[AD] Allegro 4.0.3

I've completed the backport work: 151 patches from the mainline got merged,
roughly 50% for the docs, 25% for the externals (makefiles, examples,
tools...) and 25% for the core library.

Patch (againt current allegro_4_0_branch) + ChangeLog:

	http://perso.libertysurf.fr/ebotcazou/dev/allegro-4.0.3-backport.tar.gz

ChangeLog entries with an allegXXX.diff tag on the same line indicate the
backport of a patch that was checked in on the mainline between the creation
of the 4_0 branch and the release of the 4.1.7 WIP. The archive containing
all such patches (545 patches) is available at:

	http://perso.libertysurf.fr/ebotcazou/dev/allegro-4.1.0-4.1.7-diffs.tar.gz

ChangeLog entries without a tag indicate the backport of a very recent patch,
that is probably still in your e-mailer reader.

The criterion for selecting patches was something like:
- critical fix to the core library: unconditionally yes,
- medium priority fix for the core library with local changes: yes,
- medium priority fix for the core library that spans several files: mosty no,
especially if it doesn't apply cleanly,
- low priority fix for the core library: no, unless it's a one-liner (well,
2-liners were accepted too :-)
- patch for the docs: unconditionally yes (I had to turn back those
<textblock> into <pre>)
- patch for the build system: unconditionally yes, because they have all been
extensively tested (I think),
- patch for the bundled programs: yes for a fix or a minor feature, no
otherwise.

If you would like a specific patch to be backported, or a custom patch to be
applied only to the branch (Grzegorz, your localization patch for the close
button is already on the pile) or if you think that a patch shouldn't have
been backported, it's time to voice your opinion.

I tested the result (compilation+installation) on the following platforms:
- DOS/Watcom (OpenWatcom 0.85+updates),
- DOS/DJGPP (original 2.03 release, gcc 2.95.3),
- Windows/Borland (BCC++ 5.5.1),
- Windows/MinGW (runtime 2.2, gcc 2.95.3),
- Windows/MinGW+MSYS 1.0.8 (runtime 2.2, gcc 3.2),
- BeOS 5.0.3 PE (gcc 2.95.3),
- RedHat Linux 7.3 (gcc 2.95.3, gcc 2.96-RH, gcc 3.2).

I plan to release an official beta at the beginning of the next week.

--
Eric Botcazou