Re: [AD] some small patches

> Yes, that would make it consistent for all 4 sides. But where is the
> problem with my patch?

Semantics problem: you said it was a bugfix, but I see no bug. The patch
quietly implements a new feature.

> It never actually sets the clipping rectangle outside - the only case where
> cl/ct are set to w/h, is when the clipping rectangle is empty anyway.

Ok, but is that safe in the first place ? Can cl safely point to an
out-of-bound location in memory ? Did you check that the asm code doesn't
unconditionally write the first pixel ?

> This makes most sense IMO, because the clipping rectangle is clipped
> with the bitmap area. When would you actually want the (current for
> left/right side) behavior of clipping to leave a 1-pixel border at the
> side?

I don't like playing with the borders as you're proposing. The range of cl is
0->w-1, that of cr is 1->w, they must always stay within their range.

You have to devise another way to implement the feature.

--
Eric Botcazou