[AD] Mailing list archives (was: config files and dynamic libs)

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 07:54:07PM +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> BTW, Tom Grandgent didn't reply to my message about the AD archives.
> I'm willing to upload my archives-so-far somewhere else.  It would
> be nice to have them web-searchable.  Could some web guru set that
> up, at SF or whereever?

Putting the archive on the web is not difficult, search for
hypermail on freshmeat and see how much space does the generated
html take. Then you can put it on sourceforge, if it's below 60Mb,
because the current web already consumes 40 of the 100Mb quota.
There's aparently cgi-bin support, so maybe a search option could
be provided too.

As for external servers, I have access to one. It usually has 1Gb
free space, but now I'm mirroring the talks given at a spanish
hackmeeting. The admin hasn't yelled at me (yet), so I can offer
less than 200Mb at the moment, searchable with swish-e.

However, the biggest problem is that this kind of email archives
requires manual maintenance, they would soon be obsolete.