Re: [AD] swap mouse button 1 & 2

On Thursday 21 November 2002 02:04, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> The attached patch swaps the mouse buttons under Windows if the user has
> selected the "left hand" profile in the Control Panel. I'm not much of an
> optimizer, so there's probably a better way of doing it...

Applied. Every good compiler should have an optimization pass that converts
if-then-else statements into equivalent arithmetic expressions when possible,
in order to avoid branchements. For example, for the following function

	int ret(int par)
	{
	  return (par ? 2 : 1);
	}

gcc 3.2 outputs the following assembly code at -O2:

	pushl	%ebp
	movl	%esp, %ebp
	movl	8(%ebp), %eax
	popl	%ebp
	testl	%eax, %eax
	setne	%al
	andl	$255, %eax
	incl	%eax
	ret

No branchement.

> I use the mouse on the left-hand position, and find it much more convenient
> to have it set up this way (ie, swap the primary button), although I
> suppose there's room for discussion here.

If the user has decided to swap the mouse buttons, we have to honor that.

--
Eric Botcazou