Re: [AD] crash! unhandled exception wip414 win2k msvc

> Does it happen on a 16-bit desktop too ?

Hmm, this is interesting, it doesn't work at all if I change the desktop to
16-bit. I just get the window on screen but it's filled with pink. The game
is going on in the background because I can hear the music, and can quit if
I type blindly, but I don't see any graphics at all.
However no, it doesn't crash if I Alt+Tab in this configuration.

> Does it happen or crash at another place if you put
>        disable_direct_updating = yes
> in the [graphics] section of allegro.cfg (which must be visible by the
> program) ?

I created a text file called allegro.cfg, put it in the game folder, and
added:
[graphics]
disable_direct_updating = yes

to it. It made no difference, I still got the crash in
_colorconv_blit_16_to_32. How can I tell whether it's using the config file
or not?

HTH,
Chris