Re: [AD] Pentium Pro optimizations under *nix

> > The attached patch adds a --enable-i686opts to the configure script
> > (default value: no) and a --enable-exclopts flag (default value again no)
> > that can be used to generate specific code for either the pentium, or the
> > pentium pro. If both --enable-pentiumopts and ---enable-i686opts are
> > specified, it goes with the lowest system, that is, the pentium.
>
> I think --enable-pentiumproopts and --enable-exclusiveopts would be more
> consistent.

Agreed - though I'd rather depricate --enable-pentiumopts in favor of
--enable-i586opts. You're absolutely right about the exclusiveopts.
While I'm at it, I might as well add flags for several AMD (and maybe some
non-Intel) processors as well.

> Moreover, I think you could enable non-exclusive Pentium optimizations by
> default on x86 processors (allegro_cv_support_asm=i386 is probably the right
> test) if no optimizations are specified, like on the DOS/Windows side.

I'll look it.

> Otherwise looks good :-)

Thanks :-)

Evert