Re: [AD] Allegro & SPARC

> Due to my university trashing some old hardware, I am now the happy owner
> of a SPARC-4 workstation. It currently resides underneath my desk awaiting
> installation of an operating system (probably Linux or NetBSD) and
> transport home.

I'm not familiar at all with the Sparc workstations (although I used to surf
the Net with Mosaic on a Sparc in the early days): is it a Sparc32 or a
Sparc64 machine ?

> Would it be worthwile to look into adding SPARC optimizations to the
> Allegro build tree?

Do you mean asm optimizations ? I'd say, if they can somehow be reused on
"modern" Sparc machines, maybe. Otherwise, let this dinosaur die peacefully :-)

--
Eric Botcazou