Re: [AD] A minor inconvinience (is it spelled right ?)

On Friday 04 October 2002 22:23, Igor Gnip wrote:
> Actually,   it seems  make.exe detects  /bin/sh.exe  from my msys
> instalation and uses echo command from that shell - not considering
> UNIX_TOOLS is undefined ...
>
> We should make UNIX_TOOLS  autodetection  (perhaps  detect MSYS version
> of make and assume UNIX_TOOLS=1 ?)
>
> or  FORCE_DOS_TOOLS #define ?   but how can I execute  command.com
> version of echo command  from withing msys make.exe ?

I'm not sure, but I think the usage of bash by gcc if it finds it in the
path is build-in.
I vaguely recall having this same problem with MinGW, but not with DJGPP.
IIRC, the reason was something like this: my bash port is a DJGPP program,
while gcc is a Windows program (MinGW) and mixing those two is a Bad Idea.
In my case, the solution consisted of temporarily removing bash from the
path while compiling and then moving it back when the compilation is done.