Re: [AD] DirectX sound driver detection bug?

> I forgot all about this. Sorry! I've had him test 4.1.3, and it didn't fix
> the problem, but the results where different. Now, instead of having to
> use AXC/DXC, he had to use AXB/DXB.

Nice, only one step left :-) Does the system still crash with the same error
for AXA/DXA or behave now differently ?

The DirectSound device enumeration looks awkward on his system: first it
returns a NULL pointer, then a pointer to a GUID that appears to be invalid.

> You said the Allegro code was legal according to the DirectX 7 SDK. Does
> this mean the user is required to have DirectX 7 installed? I thought
> Allegro only needed DirectX 5 (and then only for the joystick driver).

No, the code is legal according to all versions of the DirectX SDK.

--
Eric Botcazou