Re: [AD] Allegro compilation on Sparc/Solaris

> configure.in:151: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
> cross compiling

Present for a long time.

> and at the end of the compilation process the library build process fails
> because ar chokes on the -keep_private_externs. This is a Darwinism that
> gets generated when ar is not GNU ar, right?

Yep.

> The problem is, Solaris doesn't use GNU ar by default either, but Sun's
> own custom make - which just happens to have the same options as GNU make.

I suppose you meant 'ar' instead of 'make'.

> This is somewhat annoying, though. Isn't there some other test to detect
> Darwin? Does it have uname?

Of course it has. It is actually already used in configure.in via the
$allegro_system variable.

For some reason, I split the Darwin specific bits between aclocal.m4 and
configure.in; retrospectively, that was a mistake. Remove the 'ar' test from
aclocal.m4 and put all the Darwin tweaks in only one place in configure.in .

--
Eric Botcazou