Re: [AD] Small FAQ update

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 01:01:04PM -0400, Robert Ohannessian wrote:
> I also fixed some warnings/errors for the html validator, and made some
> cosmetic changes to the html output of makedoc.

Patch rejected, problems:

- you can't rely on css, the html version has to be readable with the
  @ignore_css tag too, but is not because you strip basic <li> tags.
- I like the softer colors, but the ones for @@ are too eye straining,
  in fact I prefer that section to not have any colors.
- the patch doesn't work cleanly on current cvs version.

Patch can go in if you fix 1 and 3, because the color thing is a personal
preference. In fact, now that the css seems to grow, it would be better
to use external css files, which will mean everybody can substitute
this file and be happy. Anyway, can you split your patch in two: content
changes and cosmetic changes and commit the first one?

Some time ago you, Peter and Stepan talked about xml-like formats for
the documentation. Clearly hacking makedoc now feels like necrophagy, so
why don't we discuss in Alleg5 ML the new document format which should be
flexible enough to support cosmetic changes and many other improvements?
Since it's a little bit external of the Allegro source distribution,
probably nobody would opose to introduce it in some 4.x version, so we
don't have to wait for 5.x if we manage to create it quickly.