Re: [AD] BeOS changes are now in CVS

> > What do you think? Should I change the IDs to more pertinent ones?
>
> How about just changing them now, and if nobody complains (before
> 4.2.0)
> leave them changed?

Ok, changes applied. What's the timeline for the 4.2.0 release? I'd
like to publish on BeBits.com the updated BeOS Allegro with new drivers
ASAP, as one of the new drivers I've added finally adds the possibility
to use Allegro under BeOS with the system VESA gfx driver, which a lot
of people with unsupported hardware use. Prior to my modifications
Allegro didn't work on those machines...

> Sounds nice.  Maybe the same could be done for X...

IIRC, there was someone working on an XVideo gfx driver... maybe
Thomas?

I was wondering about colorspace conversion. AFAICT, most modern cards
only support YCbCr or YUV overlays, not directly RGB ones; so it'd be
cool if Allegro could color convert from rgb to these non linear color
spaces... but maybe this is Allegro 5 territory (not that we don't have
to think about it though!)

--
Angelo Mottola
lillo@xxxxxxxxxx