Re: [AD] [Mouse] Just an idea...

On Saturday 24 August 2002 12:12, Emeric Poupon wrote:
> It's about this post on allegro.cc:
>
>http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=201547&request=1030184334&;

I read my mail off-line, so maybe I miss something very obvious here, but:

> Why not to add a "get_mouse_range" function?

What would it return?
The mouse is by default restricted to the whole screen, the dimensions of
which you know. If you limit it to a specific area... then you're the one
limiting it and you also know the range.
Whatever is returned by get_mouse_mickeys() is limited by the largest
number that will fit in an integer, which in this case can safely by
considered infinite...
So... I personally don't see the use of it. What am I missing?

> Do you think it's worthwhile?

In light of the above, no.

> why not?

Because a lot of people (on allegro.cc) never stop complaining that Allegro
is `bloated' and contains `loads of useless stuff' (most of which I
personally use rather often, by the way) :-)
Seriously, I don't see what extra functionality it would add to the
library.

Evert