X-MESINK_MailFor: conductors@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Mike Green <MGreen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:38:33 +0100
Sender: conductors-owner@xxxxxxxxxx

> > Windowed modes are chosen, obviously black screen without
> the allegro.cfg.
>
> !??? You could never get a fullscreen mode ?

I could not get anything above 8bpp to work at all.

> Even the regular windowed driver didn't start then.

By default, windowed mode was run.

> These are the symptoms one could expect from a system with a
> very limited
> amount of video memory.
>
> Could you give:
> - the OS and DirectX versions,

Windows 2000 SP2
Directx8.0

> - the video card model and the amount of video memory on board,

S3 trio 3d/2x.. 4mb?

worth noting, the same effect occured on other win2k installs with different
graphics cards.

> - the settings of your Windows desktop (resolution and color depth) ?

1024x768x16

Mike

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.Any views or opinions expressed within this transmittal are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the member companies of the Polaron Group.
We cannot guarantee this e-mail to be free from computer viruses at this time and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments before downloading them to your system.