Re: [AD] PALETTE and RGB* (part 2)

> Ok, now, we're talking about 4.2 (possibly 4.0) so we don't want to
> break anything.

I don't think we should modify the 4.0 API to this extent at this point.

> So I'm tentatively changing my proposal to make all functions
> consistently use "RGB *" syntax instead of "PALETTE".  How's that?

The cleanest method I think. For reference, that of the Win32 API:

UINT SetPaletteEntries(
  HPALETTE hpal,             // handle to logical palette
  UINT iStart,               // index of first entry to set
  UINT cEntries,             // number of entries to set
  CONST PALETTEENTRY *lppe   // array of palette entries
);

> However, if you create a single RGB struct¹ and it also gets tagged as a
> "RGB *" value, and it gets passed (accidentally or otherwise) to a
> function expecting a full palette, you will get a crash instead of a
> run-time type error.

Hey! That's the C language:-)

- Eric