RE: [AD] Low-level file hooks - implemented and tested

Title: RE: [AD] Low-level file hooks - implemented and tested

> Someone may want to use those flags on Unix, and it would be
> convenient if
> Allegro defined them on other platforms :)

I thought of that, but I believe they are defined in the
internal bits, so they'd need to be moved into the "official"
part of the headers. Would be nice to have them on, say,
win32 as well. I believed they were POSIX.

> As for the question of whether they should be 0 or S_I?USR -
> I figured that
> if anyone might want permission to write to the file, Windows
> should arrange
> for everyone to have permission. Or am I being dumb and

I'd think:

#define S_IRGRP S_IRUSR
#define S_IWGRP S_IWUSR
#define S_IXGRP S_IXUSR
#define S_IROTH S_IRUSR
#define S_IWOTH S_IWUSR
#define S_IXOTH S_IXUSR

since everyone on win32 is owner of the file.
I don't think anyone would want to have a file readable by
the world but not by the user :)

--
Vincent Penquerc'h