Re: [AD] pack_ungetc

On 2002-07-11, Eric <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But first and foremost: do we fix pack_feof() ? The main drawback is the one
> described above. The main advantage (besides conformity) is to simplify the
> code in src/file.c

I think it's too late to change it.  It would break a lot of code, and
might destroy someone's data.

However, I've been thinking about a layered I/O interface, where data
could be read from/written to disk, memory, network, etc.  I don't know
if the current "eager" EOF behaviour is possible to implement
everywhere.  I guess it should always be possible if the incoming data
is buffered a bit.

--
王浩禎