[AD] mac allegro install

I am having trouble with the scripts used to install allegro on the mac
with MPW.  Nobody at allegro.cc could help me and I was told to ask here.
When I run the script fixmpw.sh I get the following message:

### Allegro var not defined correctly
### If required quit MPW after install
### Set - Too many parameters were specified.
# Usage - Set [name [value]]
### MPW Shell - Execution of fix terminated.

I don't know anything about scripts, but if I delete the code that produces
this message I can get part of the script to run.

Also when I looked at makefile.mpw with the mpw text editor the whole
script appears on one line and because the first character is a #, it is
one big comment.  This copy is directly from the allegro 4.02 release.  Is
it possible that a bad copy is in the allegro release and I need a new one?
 The makefiles for other compilers look normal with correct formating.

I have installed allegro for djgpp and dev-c++ without any problems in the
past.   thanks for your time.

P.S. I like the concept of the Allegator Mascot, but the image design needs
a little work.