[AD] Addundum:

Hi there
I'm not trying to spam the mailing list, but I have some news on progress, I've found another PS2Linux user who is willing to help me on the project. We've decided that we are going to make our own *nix driver and not use the already existing Linux driver. The resoning is because the hardware is so radicly diffrent than what the linux driver is expecting, even the keyboard, mouse and console management is not handled the same way. The change to the driver is more drastic. It's more of a Unix -> X type thing as oppsed to a Unix -> Linux type thing. (I hope that was understandable) I will think that the bast course of action will be have the ./configre include that linux driver *only* if it's an X86 linux machine. If the system is Linux but not X86, go to Generic Unix/X combo, (--enable-linux=no) of no X then apologize perfusely and die a quiet death. By the way, --enable-linux=no works on the ps2. I was able to get everyting compiled and running under X, but the proformance was abyssmal! The worst timings I got while running "test" was the bitmap scaling test that ran at 36 blits per second. 3d polygons [ptex mask lit] render at 44 per second. both a 24 bit color. It took 2 minutes to render the Color rainbows at 24 bits. Not much quicker in 8bbp.

Keep in mind these are unaccelerated functions on an unaccelerated X server. We will work at this to make them Faster.
	Just an update
	-Joshua