Re: [AD] Untranslated string: ALLEGRO_WINDOW_CLOSE_MESSAGE

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> At the moment there's a string which can't be translated
> because it's a define:

I found some more:
 - #define XWIN_DEFAULT_WINDOW_TITLE in src/x/xwin.c is never
translated.
 - On several places, "mono", "stereo", "signed", and "unsigned" are
untranslated and sprintf'ed into translated strings (so two languages
are mixed).
 - I think lines 112-113 and 166-167 in alsamidi are wrong:
   snprintf(temp, sizeof(temp),
            "Could not open card/rawmidi device: %s",
            snd_strerror(err));
   ustrzcpy(allegro_error, ALLEGRO_ERROR_SIZE, get_config_text(temp));
Probably that string should first be translated, then snprintf'ed, not
the other way around? I can make a patch if someone confirms (or even
better: someone who knows how to test it can write a patch :-)
 - Most drivers seem to have a field called `ascii_name'. This gets
translated, but is not found by misc/findtext.sh, so chances are that
nobody ever translates them. I collected a (pretty big) list of such
strings, in case some translator is interested.

I committed an updated Swedish translation, btw.

> PD: Looks like hard tabs dissappeard from a few source files...

I also noticed that lkeybd.c is screwed up.

> allegro_window_close_message =  Warning: forcing program shutdown may
> lead to  data loss and unexpected results. It is  preferable to use
> the exit command inside the window. Proceed anyway?

With some effort, I can misinterpret 'Proceed anyway' as
'Proceed running the program' rather than 'Proceed the action of
closing the program'. Maybe it's totally unambigous for native
speakers, but I think it can't hurt to say something like
'Really proceed closing the program?'. OK?

One more issue: Isn't it a security problem to feed translated
strings as the format parameter to sprintf()? An evil cracker
might add some extra "%s" in order to corrupt memory.

--
Sven Sandberg   svsa1977@xxxxxxxxxx   home.student.uu.se/svsa1977