Re: [AD] Mini-synchronization API proposal for 4.1.x

> Hmm, these things occur so frequently, somehow it doesn't seem right
> to queue them.

I don't see why. Windows has its WM_MOUSEMOVE message and X11 its
MouseNotify event, both being queued.

> Actually, I'm tempted to remove `mouse_callback' completely.  If we
> can't do that, I think we should depreciate it and not bother to queue its
> events.  I guess it depends if anyone actually uses it.

No chance! ;-) I use it.

> Reading the docs a bit more, I _can_ see a use for `mouse_callback',
> to detect button state transitions.  If we had a callback that handled
> only button state transitions, I would queue its calls.

I don't think we should change the uni-directional callbacks. I'll try to
implement my approach and quickly come up with a working code.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx