Re: [AD] Mini-synchronization API proposal for 4.1.x

On 2002-04-19, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You're right, poll_keyboard() already does something similar. However
> poll_keyboard() explicitly deals with the keyboard input, whereas
> al_lock/al_unlock() is supposed to deal only with threads and callbacks and
> not interfere with input. If we took this path, I think we should also delay
> the mouse mickey updates, no ?

Hmm, these things occur so frequently, somehow it doesn't seem right
to queue them.  Actually, I'm tempted to remove `mouse_callback'
completely.  If we can't do that, I think we should depreciate it and
not bother to queue its events.  I guess it depends if anyone actually
uses it.

Reading the docs a bit more, I _can_ see a use for `mouse_callback',
to detect button state transitions.  If we had a callback that handled
only button state transitions, I would queue its calls.

I know, very touchy-feely.  Sorry for another delay.