Re: [AD] Grabber - options dialog box (Was: Relatives paths in the grabber)

> > Patch against todays CVS attached. This leaves most of the formerly
> > cluttered top screen of the grabber barren and empty, which is quite ugly.
>
> Indeed. It seems you went a little too far. What about adding instead an
> 'options' entry to the main menu, which would contain the 4 on/off options
> formerly on the top right of the screen ? Both the grid and compression
> settings would stay visible, as would any future option that is not an
> on/off setting (thus making it unsuitable for inclusion in the menu).

True, but splitting the options in that way feels a little artificial to
me. Perhaps a distinction in options that affect how the grabber handles
objects (Keep Transparency, grid settings) and options that affect the
way the datafile is saved (Sort, compression, header files) would be more
appropriate?
Of course the distinction isn't always very clear.
I sortof like the idea of setting the object properties without having to
open a menu, but I'm not too pleased with the hack I used to add that button.
It'd be really nice if buttons could support callback functions, but
unfortunately, they don't (would it be ok to add one to Allegro? If so, I
think I have one laying around that could almost be merged in as is).
In the mean time, I'll look into moving things to the file menu instead.

--
Evert Glebbeek
e-mail: eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx