Re: [AD] Keeping non modified properties when grabbing

> > I might have partially turned my mind about this feature in
> > light of the
> > recent thread dubbed "Grabber Patch" on [AD]. Wouldn't it be nice to
> > turn it on by default when *updating* a datafile ?
>
> That could be confusing to have two different default behaviors
> for dat and grabber, for essentially the same action. But anyway,
> it should be an option, probably off by default just for the sake
> of backwardc ompatibility.

Couldn't the dat utility be changed at the same time?
I'd really like an option such as this to be on by default. What would get
broken if a property that was stripped before isn't stripped now?
Right now, I prefer manual updating over the update command because I hate
to redo my custom properties.
IMHO, we're already backward compatible if we offer the option of
disabeling this behavior. ;-)
Perhaps add a new grabber command line switch, -bc, that starts the
grabber in compatibility mode and disables all the nice new things we
otherwise couldn't normally make default because of backward compatibility?

--
Evert Glebbeek
e-mail: eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx   ICQ: 48210348