RE: [AD] Some points about the grabber

Title: RE: [AD] Some points about the grabber

Laurence Withers wrote:
> On Friday 05 April 2002 10:24 am, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:
> > (and declaring huge automatic arrays on
> > the stack is not a good thing)
>
> Out of interest, why not? I can't
> see any reason why this is
> worse than
> dynamically allocating them; the stack does get more memory allocated
> as needed, right?

Yes sorry. I've just got this old thing about limited stack space
on some systems, but on Linux/Win32 it's all virtualized, so there
is no space problems.
For instance, we're using the 16 KB scratchpad memory for stack
for PS2, so going above 16 KB will hit slower memory.
I'm forwarding this to AD to make clear that I just said stupid
things :)

--
Vincent Penquerc'h