Re: [AD] Proposal for new magic main (2)

> However (2), I also realized that this problem would vanish if the
> Apple-customized GNU toolchain supported weak symbols: just '#pragma weak
> main' in src/unix/umain.c would do the trick. Therefore I'm going to enter
> another round of discussion with Jeremiah Blanchard.

The answer is unfortunately negative: weak symbols are not supported on
Darwin. Jeremiah told me that's a well known issue among developers willing
to port to Darwin.

So we're back where we started: we have to choose one of the 5 solutions.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx