Re: [AD] warning: -funroll-all-loops and -funroll-all-loops broken in gcc 3.0.4 (at least in the djgpp flavor)

> Hi, I just noticed when testing AllegroMp3 with DJGPP using gcc 3.0.4 that
> it not only -funroll-all-loops (that was causing the bubbling sound) is
> broken, but I also noticed that -funroll-loops generates that bubbling
> sound (that of course doesn't happen in 2.95.x) although in a lower level,
> and that's why I didn't notice earlier. I was thinking that since allegro
> uses it, it could be affected somehow (I don't know how though).

That's really annoying. However gcc 3.1 is about to be released and is
expected to be far more polished than the 3.0.x series (IIRC the Mingw32
folks will make the switch) so I think we should reconsider our position
only after it is released. We could eventually keep the -funroll-loops flag
and simply say: don't compile Allegro with gcc 3.0.x .

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx