Re: [AD] [WIN] Support for native windows

On 2002-04-08, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The patch removes the last restrictions so that the three windowed
> > drivers work when Allegro is attached to an external window.
>
> This makes me think... Peter, do you think your Allegro to GTK+ bridge on
> Linux could be turned into an easy-to-use binding API ?

Having actually read some GTK+ documentation recently ;-), I think
there might be a better way than what I wrote.  Especially since we
now have the opportunity to add new functions, e.g.
create_bitmap_with_someone_else's_data().  Did I write something about
that already?

> If so, we could think of adding a cross-platform Allegro-to-GTK+
> binding for the 4.2 release.

As an example?  Definitely not part of the [platform-specific] API,
given the dependencies... ;-)