Re: [AD] Some more features for platform-independent filesystem?

At 19:34 04.04.2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Evert Glebbeek wrote:
>[snip]
>> You can do that? Have to say I never tried, but specifying "My
>> Computer/c:/Windows/notepad.exe" will actually work? Will it depend on the
>> language of the Windows installed?
>
>No, that won't work. I think he was refering to the way explorer makes it
>seem to the user, and not how it's actually implemented by the code.

I was referring to the "Virtual" directory "My computer". But actually
"Desktop" is the virtual top level window.
Getting the actual directory for "desktop" requires just one registry
query. So it should be possible.

My suggestion is that we mimic the way java handles this in tha
javax.swing.filechooser package. While I don't think we'd need the "file
system view", the other member functions do make sense.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/javax/swing/filechooser/FileSystemVie
w.html

Regards,

Lenny