[AD] new API: sub-bitmaps and GUI?

Hi!

I posted this question on allegro.cc and was told that I should post it
heree, so you guys can think about it.

Will there be an easy way to change the position of a sub-bitmap relative
to it's parent?

I'm asking this because some functions work only with the complete bitmap
(the trans,lighting and rotate blitters for example), and I normally store
all my frames for a single sprite in a single bitmap.

So, if I could move the sub-bitmap around the parent, this problem would be
solved. It could also be solved if the new API would allow to specify a
sub-rect for those functions which are "sprite" only right now.

Issue2: How's the planning for the new GUI comming along? Once there's
something you have agreed on, I'd like to help coding in this area. I've
developed commercial widgetsets for a couple of embeded devices, so I think
I might be of help in this area.
If the gui routines are moved away from the allegro core, I'd like to join
the group coding the GUI add-on lib :-)