Re: [AD] Allegro 5 Graphic routines, alpha 4

Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
[snip]
Ive taken a litle look... Looks good. I didnt see a method to draw yuv colorspace bitmaps... what I mean is hardware accelerated yuv drawing... My card supports it. And it would be usefull to video libraries and the scientific comunity.

I just added the code for HSV, since I can use Allegro 4.0's conversion routines. YUV is a bit more complicated - there's no one format that everyone agrees on.

For example, there's YUVI, where each pixel is 16 bits, but you need to read 32-bits to compose the color as the pixels are interleaved in a really screwed up way...
It looks something like:  Y0 U0 V0 U1   Y2 U2 V2 U3, with 8 bits per component.

If someone sends me a routine to do the conversion, then there's no problem - I can add it easily. Otherwise, I'll have to hack around a bit until I find something that fits well with the way Allegro likes BITMAPs to be...

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)